Hearst TelevisionOmaha, NE
Full Time Job
Do you have a passion for producing compelling and unique digital video stories? Are you looking for a position in which you can be a part of a creative group of professionals producing great digital video for clients and partners? Then we are looking for you!
Hearst TV Digital Studios, a national digital video production outlet connected to Hearst Television, has an exciting new opportunity for the right person. The Digital Studios team is responsible for the production of great branded and editorial digital video content. This position would be based in either Omaha, NE or New Orleans, LA, producing both editorial and branded content locally and within the region. The ideal candidate will ooze creativity, and have the tenacity and wherewithal to execute on their ideas. They will be expected to have the capability to develop, write, produce, film, and/or many more tasks from concept to delivery. Think of it as a producer, writer, videographer, editor, etc all wrapped into one role.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the future of digital video, is a tremendous storyteller, and likes to create video content that stands out in a crowd. Strong preference given to candidates with experience in documentary or short documentary production.
This position will report to Director of the Hearst TV Digital Studio.
• Shoot, produce, and edit digital video content (branded & editorial)
• Manage small productions- locations, set pieces, talent, etc.
• Provide direction to freelance crew members
• Plug into the work of a nationally-distributed team
• Work closely with brands to help them fulfill their goals
• 2 years of experience producing excellent videos. Show example links and/or reel.
• The ability to tell a story from a truly compelling and unique point of view. (Written samples welcome as well)
• A student of the digital video game. (Knowledge of influential digital video entities like Complex, Buzzfeed, and Great Big Story, as well as the digital efforts of legacy publishers a plus)
• Experience shooting with a Sony A7s (or similar, like Canon 5D).
• Experience editing on Adobe Premiere Pro.
• Basic knowledge of Google Drive and MS Office.
• Experience in showing results within the confines of brand requirements, client deliverables, and budget limitations.
• Must exhibit tenacious, upstart mentality.
• Flexible schedule and ability to travel the region for productions at least once a month.
• Excellent written, verbal, and time management skills. Communication is everything.
• A good attitude! Our work family and positive culture is everything to the HTV Digital Studio team.