Digital Media Manager
Hearst TelevisionSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
KCRA, Hearst's multiplatform powerhouse in Sacramento, CA, is looking for a Digital Media Manager to oversee its growing web, mobile and social platforms. The Digital Media Manager is responsible for overall management and direction for all digital content efforts of our digital platforms. The DMM helps craft and execute the strategy and tactics to achieve our journalistic, content and business goals. You will be responsible for working with our news crews, producers and digital desk editors to assign and produce content every day. This is a key leadership position in our newsroom. The ideal candidate wants to work hard and win.
• Leads team of talented and experienced digital journalists.
• Manages online content and operations while selecting and writing material for all digital platforms.
• On-site management of digital editors and of the work of Hearst Television personnel designated to service digital.
• Develops and guides execution of strategies to meet digital objectives and key results.
• Creatively develops unique content, event coverage and project ideas for web, mobile and social.
• Brings consistent sense of urgency, immediacy and real-time strategies to digital news content and project.
• Works to develop multi-layered content during breaking news.
• Key innovator of digital projects involving news, sales and creative services departments aimed at creating strong revenue-generating content.
• Takes an active role in the daily editorial process, developing a consistent multiplatform workflow that ensures strong, unique content.
• Participates in news manager and weekly marketing meetings.
• Serves as primary link between on-air and online news as a key member of the news management team.
• Staff leader in leveraging social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other emerging social platforms to provide superior coverage.
• Works daily with creative services to identify opportunities to leverage marketing tactics that support the digital platforms.
• Interfaces with corporate directors of digital content, digital strategists and the digital central content team on small, medium and large-scale news and content initiatives.
• Directs staff on best practices for search engine optimization.
• Identifies videos with viral potential for syndication partners like YouTube, Yahoo, AOL and MSN.
• Regularly communicates pertinent metrics concerning digital growth and trends to news director, general manager and necessary staff.
• At least five years of digital management experience at a multiplatform media organization.
• Must work well under deadline.
• History of innovation.
• Proven history of leadership.
• Demonstrated knowledge of SEO best practices.
• Superior editorial and ethical instincts.
• College degree preferred.
• Bilingual experience is a plus.
• Military DINFOS experience will be considered.