Hearst TelevisionPalm Beach Gardens, FL
Full Time Job
WPBF 25 is looking for a well-rounded Digital Editor who will be creating content for its website, mobile products and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be an excellent storyteller and multi-tasker who can edit and create content facing intense competition under constant deadline pressure.
• Write/edit and publish breaking news, daily news, sports, weather, and feature stories for the web, mobile and social media
• Produce engaging videos and graphics for social media
• Social Media monitoring and posting
• Be involved in daily editorial meetings and aware of daily news coverage
• Communicate and working with sister stations and networks on digital coverage
• Work with Reporters and Assignment Editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately
• Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the stations digital platforms
• Other duties as required
• Previous digital editing experience required
• Knowledge and experience with Adobe Premier, Photoshop and Audition a plus
• Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
• Strong news and editorial judgment
• Excellent AP writing skills
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing
• Strong understanding of social media best practices
• Flexibility to work different shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24 hour news cycle
• Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Military training from Defense Information School with experience will be considered