Hearst TelevisionBaltimore, MD
This was removed by the employer on 12/30/2022 11:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Station Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Digital Editor jobs in Baltimore-MD
Search all Digital Editor postings
Full Time Job
WBAL-TV is looking for a well-rounded Digital Editor who will be creating content for its website, mobile products and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be an excellent storyteller and multitasker who can edit and create content facing intense competition under constant deadline pressure.
• Write/edit and publish breaking news, daily news, sports, weather, and feature stories for the station's website, mobile and social media platforms.
• Write compelling headlines and push alerts that entice a user to engage with our app.
• Work with reporters and assignment editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately.
• Work with producers, assignment editors and managers to ensure cross-promotion of content across all of the station's platforms.
• Manage livestreams of newscasts, breaking news and special events.
• Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the station's digital platforms.
• Create and edit digital-first videos for publishing on the station's website, app and social media platforms.
• Other duties as required.
• Previous digital news editing experience required
• Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
• Strong news and editorial judgment
• Excellent writing skills that follow AP Style
• Proficient knowledge and use of PhotoShop and Premiere
• Strong understanding of social media best practices
• Flexibility to work different shifts, holidays, special station events, etc., on short notice to cover a 24-hour news cycle
• Ability to work well in a multitasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Military training from Defense Information School with experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.