Hearst TelevisionOmaha, NE
Full Time Job
KETV, Omaha's News Leader, is looking for a well-rounded Digital Editor to join our Hearst team at historic 7 Burlington Station.
We're looking for a candidate skilled at creating copy and video elements for websites, mobile products and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be an excellent journalist and storyteller with a knack for recognizing social media trends, and who thrives under deadline pressure.
We are in search of a journalist with a passion for breaking news who is eager to become a master of the digital space.
The ideal candidate will bring ideas on how to produce and leverage videos and content to produce engagement.
• Write/edit and publish breaking news, daily news, sports, weather, and feature stories for the stations website, mobile and social media pages.
• Write compelling headlines
• Develop and edit text-overlay and other kinds of video reports.
• Develop strategies for social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
• Work with Reporters and Assignment Editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately
• Work with Producers, Assignment Editors and Managers to ensure cross promotion of content across all platforms
• Manage live streams of newscasts and breaking news
• Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the stations digital platforms
• Previous digital editing experience required
• Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
• Strong news and editorial judgment
• Excellent AP writing skills
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing
• Strong understanding of social media best practices
• Flexibility to work different shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24 hour news cycle
• Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
• College Degree in Journalism or related field