Digital Editor Part-Time
Hearst TelevisionNew Orleans, LA
This was removed by the employer on 4/22/2021 11:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Station Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Digital Editor Part-Time jobs in New Orleans-LA
Search all Digital Editor Part-Time postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Digital Editor Part-Time? WDSU is looking for a well-rounded part-time Digital Editor who will be creating content for its website, mobile products and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be an excellent storyteller and multi-tasker who can edit and create content facing intense competition under constant deadline pressure.
• Write/edit and publish breaking news, daily news, sports, weather, and feature stories for the stations website, mobile and social media pages.
• Write compelling headlines
• Work with Reporters and Assignment Editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately
• Work with Producers, Assignment Editors and Managers to ensure cross promotion of content across all platforms
• Managing LIVE streams of newscasts and breaking news
• Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the stations digital platforms
• Other duties as required
• Previous digital editing experience required
• Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
• Strong news and editorial judgment
• Excellent AP writing skills
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing
• Strong understanding of social media best practices
• Flexibility to work different shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24 hour news cycle
• Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
• College Degree in Journalism or related field
• Military training from Defense Information School with experience will be considered This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.