Digital Desk Editor
Hearst TelevisionSacramento, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/25/2021 1:15:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Digital Desk Editor jobs in Sacramento-CA
Search all Digital Desk Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Digital Desk Editor? KCRA 3 News is looking for a weekend Digital Desk Editor who will create content for our digital and social media platforms, while taking an active role in a cutting-edge assignment desk geared toward winning the big story and breaking news on all platforms.
''Where the News Comes First'' is not only our brand – it's our deep commitment to journalistic excellence. As the #1 ratings leader in our market, we set the bar high for excellent storytelling, investigative reporting and outstanding breaking news coverage.
The successful candidate will be an excellent journalist and multi-tasker who can edit and create content under constant deadline pressure.
• Reacts aggressively and decisively to breaking news with or without management present, helping KCRA to win the story on ALL platforms.
• Coordinates assignment desk logistics including managing news crews, coordinating with affiliate stations, booking satellite windows and live shots.
• Posts regularly to KCRA digital and social platforms and thrives when asked to send push notifications, coordinate live streams and craft creative, original digital content.
• Thinks creatively and digs deeper to enterprise stories that nobody else is telling.
• Has a finger on the pulse of Northern California's social media landscape and is able to uncover stories on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms.
• Cultivates and maintains strong relationships with government agencies and public relations representatives, and local newsmakers.
• Adds to the digital desk's long-term planning and strategic vision.
• 1-3 years of professional newsroom experience.
• College degree in Journalism or Communications or related field.
• Bilingual experience is a plus.
• Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
• Demonstrates exceptional news judgment.
• Demonstrates superb organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Proven track record of developing and maintaining contacts.
• Multitasks efficiently under heavy deadline pressure.
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.