Digital Account Manager
Hearst TelevisionNeedham, MA
Full Time Job
Digital Account Manager
The digital advertising team within Hearst Television combines the experience of one of the world's most prestigious media companies with the excitement and rapid growth of a startup. This group powers the digital sales for wholly-owned sites and apps, audience extension, over-the-top, and native advertising products for 33 television stations and two radio stations - helping to arm and support nearly 400 multi-platform media sellers across the country.
The Digital Account Manager directly supports a cluster of stations, helping in the end-to-end management of digital advertising campaigns. The Digital Account Manager works closely with Hearst Television's Product Management and Ad Ops teams and will engage daily with a variety of station personnel, including Sales Managers, Client Specialists and the Account Executives responsible for the success of these accounts. You will be a product and workflow expert for your assigned accounts – understanding how these clients buy our media, which products perform best for them, and endeavor to secure renewal business by providing best-in-class service and ROI. You will have a deep understanding of our ad products, packages and business rules. Digital Account Managers work closely with Ad Ops Specialists to ensure campaigns launch on time, and to ensure delivery of key performance and pacing metrics. Working on a team with other Account Managers and Product Managers, you will collaborate to refine our products and fulfillment workflow, and use your excellent communication skills to build strong relationships with our local sales teams and their advertisers.
• Act as a primary stakeholder in brainstorm sessions with marketing and sales; speaking to the client's historical spend/performance, making product/packaging recommendations and working to understand how to respond effectively to RFPs.
• Create compelling media plans that drive revenue, maintain margin thresholds, and comply with all business rules.
• Maintain expert understanding of our ad products and capabilities. Partner with related teams in pre-sale efforts and post-sale optimizations as needed.
• Work closely with sales, marketing, product, and tech on the creation and implementation of custom advertising solutions.
• Maintain campaign pipeline in our Order Management System through each stage in the sales funnel.
• Ensure all campaign detail aligns with order and maintain this alignment throughout the campaign lifecycle.
• Monitor delivery and KPIs, working with Ad Ops as needed to optimize campaign tactics; provide detailed reporting and recommendations to all internal and external teams.
• Attend weekly meetings with assigned station leads and provide updates on campaign pipeline, pacing and delivery.
• Address day-to-day issues and questions from clients and internal personnel.
• Manage the communication of plan details to ensure a seamless launch.
• Liaise with Finance and Operations as needed to close monthly billing and resolve discrepancies.
• Work with Product and Operations Teams to produce Final Reporting and Campaign Recaps.
• Coordinate with our development team to aid in identifying, reporting and resolving technical issues.
• Provide technical support to local teams and advertisers via phone and email.
• Advise Product Management team on product and workflow improvements to inform product roadmap.
• 2 years relevant digital experience, e.g. with a background in account management, media planning/buying, analysis, or yield management.
• Ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines across multiple clients.
• Flexible, team-oriented approach; ability to develop excellent professional relationships with wide range of disciplines and levels of seniority - thoughtful and refined written and verbal communication skills are a must.
• Good analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally with strong attention to detail.
• Experience with ad serving and ad management tools such as Doubleclick for Publishers (DFP) and AdBook, as well as experience working with Major DSP Platform (Display360, TradeDesk, etc.) are preferred.
• BA/BS required