Creative Services Promotion Producer
Hearst TelevisionNeedham, MA
Full Time Job
WCVB-TV, Boston's ABC affiliate and Hearst Television station, seeks a highly motivated, journalistically responsible, and creative person for our full-time Creative Services Promotion Producer position. The successful candidate will demonstrate a superior ability to write compelling, conversational, well-branded copy on deadline. Seeking a producer to write and produce daily topicals for the evening and late editions of NewsCenter 5, Boston's most-watched local news. Additionally, the right candidate will have an opportunity to produce topical promotion for Chronicle, the nation's longest-running magazine program.
• Write and produce attention-grabbing topical promotion that generate viewer interest to increase brand awareness and ratings.
• Ability to produce promos in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines.
• Edit promotions using Adobe Premiere Pro non-linear system.
• Communicate effectively with producers, reporters, photographers, anchors, and managers.
• Maintain high journalistic standards in all productions.
• Produce live promotions working with studio and control room teams
• Applicant must be an experienced writer/producer. Television Writer/Producer experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro or equivalent software preferred.
• ENPS familiarity and live, control room producing experience a plus.
• Adobe After Effects knowledge, design aesthetic a plus.
• Demonstrate writing ability, story selection and strong journalistic standards.
• Strong promotion & marketing skills.
• Ability to work in a shared storage environment.
• In-person attendance is required.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.