Creative Services Director
Hearst TelevisionAlbuquerque, NM
Full Time Job
KOAT is seeking a dynamic Creative Services Director who can execute powerful and memorable marketing, messaging and branding. We are a strong award-winning station in a very competitive market. We need a CSD who is a sharp strategic leader and thinker who brings visual, compelling and memorable images and storytelling to our viewers. The successful candidate has a proven track record for developing winning campaigns across all platforms. Our CSD MUST have a passionate understanding of the importance of viewer benefit. He/She must be a collaborative team leader who works well and communicates effectively with the GM, our news managers and our creative services department.
• Manages our Creative Services team which includes our Assistant CSD, topical producers and commercial producer.
• Creates on-air and cross-platform image campaigns, topical promotions, Proof of Performance Spots (POP's) and special event promotions.
• Leads the charge with Big Story promotions that showcase our dominance as the market's news leader
• Works closely with the News Director to identify daily opportunities to reach our target audience on multiple platforms.
• Creates large-scale image campaigns, including writing, directing, field production and lighting and editing techniques.
• Knows how to effectively use outside media to enhance our strong news content and talent
• Assists/manages station radio and community partnerships.
• Understands how to interpret and execute effective campaigns based on research data and feedback.
• A minimum of 5 years in station marketing/promotion/brand management.
• Related military experience will be considered
• Wide Orbit and ENPS experience is a plus
• Demonstrates highly organized and strategically focused leadership on a daily basis.
• Must work well under pressure and hit deadlines
• Creative writing and conceptualization; able to craft compelling messages based on station research.
• Excellent written and verbal communication & interpersonal skills.
• Detailed oriented & organized
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
• Valid driver's license (hire is contingent on good driving record)