Chronicle Field Producer
Hearst TelevisionNeedham, MA
Full Time Job
Chronicle, WCVB-TV's long running news magazine program, has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to be a part of our award-winning show. We are seeking an experienced field producer. Primary responsibilities include pitching, researching, setting up, and executing compelling, visual stories, going out into the field with a videographer and producing video segments on a variety of topics including hard news as well as features, and strong writing skills. Position occasionally requires travel, both inside and outside of New England.
• Research and develop story ideas appropriate for Chronicle magazine program
• Schedule interviews and locations shooting for stories. Conduct Interviews
• Secure permission for locations and oversee on location shooting
• Log tapes & locate other video, film, photographs, or music that might enhance the story.
• Write scripts, generating material for programs, provide material for website, Facebook, Twitter, and other digital channels.
• 5-10 years of television, film, and/or Videotape field production experience.
• Strong writing/journalism skills
• Flexibility to work on schedule and work well with people.
• Sense of creativity and ethical considerations is essential
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience.
• Military training and equivalent experience enthusiastically considered.