Chronicle Editor Photographer
Hearst TelevisionNeedham, MA
Full Time Job
WCVB Channel 5, a Hearst-owned ABC affiliate, has an opening for a creative, collegial individual to be part of our award-winning, nightly half-hour news magazine program, Chronicle.
We are seeking an accomplished video editor with experience in long-form storytelling to support our mission to share the stories of New England in a visually stunning way. This member of the Chronicle team will work both collaboratively and independently with show producers and the editing team to create programs that bring words and video to life. The successful candidate will bring an artist's eye, attention to detail, and a sense of creativity and fun to the job.
include creating projects in Adobe Premiere; recording narration tracks; managing all media associated with a show project; collaborating with show producer to fulfill their creative vision, including consulting on music selections, shot selections, and pacing of show – all under a demanding production schedule. Chronicle editors also work closely with designer on graphics and with videographers on best practices.
Excellent editing skills, time-management abilities, effective communication style, and experience working with the Adobe creative suite are critical. The successful candidate will be tech-savvy, creative, and up to date on the most modern aspects of our medium.
In addition to editing packages for half-hour episodes, Chronicle editors also share responsibility for editing show opens, ingesting field SD cards, cutting content for social media, and archiving Chronicle video. Experience shooting on Sony professional cameras, GoPro, iPhone and drone cameras a plus.
• Cut show packages, in collaboration with producers, for both broadcast and digital platforms
• Work with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound, music, and graphics
• Gather and edit video and still pictures
• Work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video
• Produce and publish content for broadcast production and to our online platforms
• 5-10 years of editing long-form packages
• Minimum three years of experience working with Adobe Premiere
• Exceptional ability to use digital editing tools, specifically the Adobe creative suite, and a willingness to work in a team-based environment
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
• Understanding of the principles and ethics of journalism
• Ability to work under deadline pressure
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.