Chronicle Editor / Photographer
Hearst TelevisionNeedham, MA
This was removed by the employer on 8/25/2021 12:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Chronicle Editor / Photographer jobs in Needham-MA
Search all Chronicle Editor / Photographer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Chronicle Editor / Photographer?
Full Time Job
Chronicle, WCVB-TV's long running news magazine program, has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to be a part of our award-winning show. We are seeking an editor/photographer with the ability to capture and edit video in a compelling way that tells the story of our beautiful region. This member of our team will spend several hours each day editing show opens, digitizing field disks, cutting content for social media, recording tracks, and will occasionally edit and/or shoot half-hour Chronicle episodes. The winning candidate is also tech savvy, creative, and up to date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony professional cameras, GoPro, laptop computers, smartphones, and edit in Adobe Premiere. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, and Precis, are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic and storytelling standards are a must. If you are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working with us.
• Digitize field SD cards
• Cut show teases, show opens, and perform other duties as assigned.
• Gather and edit video and still pictures for digital platforms.
• Airspeed show segments
• Edit pieces for on-air and on the web.
• Record and replace tracks.
• Work with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
• Work with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
• Communicate and coordinate incoming video elements from crews in the field.
• Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
• Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Previous editing experience preferred.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
• Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license and a near-perfect driving record
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• Can organize and prioritize
• Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn't wait to be told what to do
• Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
• College degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.