Hearst TelevisionPalm Beach Gardens, FL
Full Time Job
WPBF 25 News the Hearst owned station in the West Palm Beach market has an immediate opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are seeking a Chief Photographer with the ability to capture the essence of what's happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers. Exceptional organization, motivation and management skills are critical. Superior video and editing skills, excellent time-management abilities, and effective communication style at all levels and the highest journalistic standards are necessary. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up to date on the most modern aspects of our medium. If you are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
• Trains, manages, evaluates, and develops a team of photographers
• Shooting and editing of vo' s, vo-sots and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
• A team leader who ensures our look and sound are among the best in the market.
• Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
• Gathers video and still pictures for digital platforms
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
• Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
• Maintains our fleet of vehicles including scheduling maintenance
• Previous newsroom experience required.
• Prior management experience preferred.
• Excellent managerial skills
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
• Efficient operation on ENG trucks
• Can work in all weather conditions
• Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license and a near-perfect driving record
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• Can organize and prioritize
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field
• Military training will be considered