Hearst TelevisionNew Orleans, LA
Full Time Job
WDSU has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are seeking a Chief Photographer with the ability to capture the essence of what's happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers. Exceptional organization, motivation and management skills are critical. Excellent video and editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, and effective communication style at all levels and the highest journalistic standards are a must. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up-to-date on the most modern aspects of our medium. If you are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
• Trains, manages, evaluates and develops a team of photographers
• Shooting and editing of vo' s, vo-sots and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
• A team leader who ensures our look and sound are among the best in the market.
• Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
• Gathers video and still pictures for digital platforms
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
• Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
• Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
• Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
• Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
• Prior management experience required.
• Previous newsroom experience preferred.
• Excellent managerial skills
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
• Efficient Operation on ENG trucks
• Can work in all weather conditions
• Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license and a near-perfect driving record
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• Can organize and prioritize
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field
• Military training will be considered