Hearst TelevisionBirmingham, AL
Full Time Job
WVTM-TV, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate in Birmingham, has an opening for a Business Manager.
include payroll/employee relations, providing business analytics and support to the General Manager and Department head team, forecasting, budgeting, expense management and other business office activities at the station. This position also provides support and works collaboratively with the regional accounting group on the monthly financial closing, forecast and annual budget processes among other things.
• General Business Functions
o Interpretation and communication of financial results
o Liaison between station and regional accounting office on operating costs
o Forecasting and budgeting of operational station expenses and revenues
• Payroll Functions
o Payroll review/timecard editing
o Vacation/sick monitoring
o Prepare sales commission calculation and chargebacks
• Personnel Administrative Functions
o New hire processing
o Termination processing
o Employee relations
o Worker's comp administration
• Various Insurance and Statutory Reporting
• Accounts Payable & Expenses
o Invoice processing and approval
o P-Card report approval
o Travel & entertainment report approval
o Local operating contract maintenance
o Fleet Management
• Asset Management
o Tagging, tracking and disposal
• Miscellaneous office management functions, e.g. insurance reporting, EEO reporting
• Outstanding Microsoft Excel skills.
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Highly detail oriented and organized
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to interpret and analyze various levels of financial data and provide guidance and recommendations.
• Work with various on-boarding and on-going human resource functions including but not limited to payroll.
• Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish directives
• Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance preferred.
• 5 years of accounting/finance experience
• Previous experience handling all aspects of a business unit's accounting functions a plus.
• Previous work within a regional business office structure preferred.
• Experience with accounting software applications including Oracle, Wide Orbit, Hyperion Planning or their equivalents required.