Business Development Executive
Hearst TelevisionNew York, SC
This was removed by the employer on 12/9/2019 8:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Business Development Executive jobs in New York-SC
Search all Business Development Executive postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Business Development Executive? Litton Entertainment
Business Development Executive
The Business Development Executive will be responsible for establishing, leveraging and monetizing a corporate marketing program to acquire new contracts; collaborate with the firm's business development and production leadership to create and sell unique multi-platform programs to brands, institutions and non-profit clients. This is a corporate role that reports to the Managing Director, Business Development and Marketing and will ideally be based in either New York, Chicago, Atlanta, or Los Angeles. The position includes a base salary and commission structure.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining senior-level relationships, drafting deal points and negotiating contracts, and a passion for creating original programming across linear and digital channels, and its potential for inspiring people's lives in a positive way.
• Contribute to the firm's growth by proactively identifying, researching and developing new opportunities and offerings.
• Create and present distinctive cross-media concepts that meet client's business objectives in an engaging fashion to multiple stakeholder groups.
• Help navigate complex client organizational environments to close long term sponsorships, including contract negotiation and renewal efforts.
• Collaborate with senior sales and production teams to manage client focused projects across linear channels, including Litton's programming blocks on ABC, CBS, NBC, The CW and Telemundo, and other media platforms, with an emphasis on digital and social outlets.
• Understand, utilize, and explain broadcast, digital, consumer, and industry research to partners.
• 10-20 years of relevant business development experience within an agency or media company preferred.
• Degree in Business, Marketing or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Strong network of contacts with prospective family-friendly advertisers, institutions, and agencies; and drive to develop new relationships.
• Deep experience in structuring and negotiating media or sponsorship contractual arrangements, particularly involving content licensing, distribution, technology licensing and operational support services. While not expected to perform legal work, must be familiar with prevailing legal structures and provisions found in media contracts and skilled at working with attorneys while shepherding agreements through legal review.
• Passion for inspiring original programming.
• Interest and experience with digital and social media platforms, and passion to keep up with the latest trends and developments.
• Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all stakeholders.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, problem solve and meet deadlines.
• Strong business development skills including presentation development, proposal writing; and familiarity with marketing and audience data as measured across different media.
• Comfort with project finance, including navigating detailed internal and client-facing budgets.
• Exceptional ability to work in a cross functional, collaborative working environment.
• Enthusiasm for building a business and delivering best in class results.
Litton Entertainment produces more than 600 hours of Emmy Award-Winning programming on leading broadcast networks including ''Litton's Weekend Adventure,'' seen nationally on ABC stations, ''CBS Dream Team: It's Epic,'', ''NBC The More You Know'', and ''One Magnificent Morning'' airing Saturday mornings on The CW. In addition, Litton syndicates a variety of entertainment and news programs to over 1000 television stations in the United States, and the company's diverse portfolio of programs air in 97 countries worldwide. Litton Entertainment is majority-owned by Hearst. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.