Broadcast IT Specialist
Hearst TelevisionSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
KCRA/KQCA TV is looking for a Broadcast IT Specialist to join our team. This position is responsible for supporting all Broadcast and IT operations at our studios and transmission facilities. The Broadcast IT Specialist will perform day-to-day maintenance, provide user support and carry out upkeep of computers, servers, printers, network infrastructure, ENG operations and other television systems.
• Station Broadcast IT operations under the direction of the Engineering managers.
• Assist with LAN/IT infrastructure, installation and support of network hardware & software.
• Install desktop, laptop, workstation and server computers following company standards.
• Interact with end users to determine and troubleshoot hardware, software and system problems.
• Assist with the maintenance of automation and production equipment like robotic cameras, video switchers, audio consoles, microphones, IFBs, playout and graphics servers.
• Support news gathering equipment including CNG packs, ENG cameras, field gear, DENG, DSNG, and CNG trucks, editing systems, and other related devices.
• Conducts troubleshooting, installation, research, documentation, and cabling tasks.
• Latest Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems experience.
• VMWare knowledge.
• Network printers and digital copiers.
• Mobile device support & connectivity.
• Enterprise and web-based applications.
• Team player and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with constant deadlines.
• Demonstrate professional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Must be flexible to work various days and non-standard shifts as assigned.
• Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces.
• Two years or more IT work experience in a broadcast facility or similar environment.
• Equivalent military experience will be considered.
• Computer Science,
• Equivalent combination of training and experience including military. -