Broadcast IT Manager
Hearst TelevisionDes Moines, IA
Full Time Job
Des Moines is ranked as one of America's best cities to live and raise a family. Located in the heart of Iowa, KCCI-TV is the lead source for the latest local headlines and live alerts. If you are motivated by working with a talented award-winning team of professionals, look no further! Best of all, you'll become part of Hearst Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country.
KCCI-TV has a dynamically diverse, fast paced, challenging position responsible for managing and maintaining the local area network utilizing leading edge infrastructure and systems, including Cisco Nexus, Cisco UCS, VMware, EMC VNXe & Isilon, and VoIP. Also supporting specialized on-air broadcast systems, News, and Sales production systems, as well as end user systems support. This is a hands-on position in a mid-sized news-oriented broadcast television environment.
• Install / Maintain / Support Cisco LAN/IT infrastructure
• VMware Virtual Environment Management/Support
• Enterprise Backup Management/Support
• Windows Server / Desktop OS understanding & proficiency
• Production Storage Systems Management/Support
• Desktop, laptop, and workstation computer systems installation/management/support
• Provide technical guidance and support to end users
• Office 365 Production Suite Support
• WSUS, SEP, Cylance Management & Support
• Wireless & Remote connectivity installation/management/support
• Intrusion Detection Systems knowledge & management (IDS)
• Cisco VoIP systems knowledge & support
• Familiarity with Service Now
• Ability to work with enterprise shared services technology group
• Project Management of new IT-based installations.
• In-depth experience with IP network connectivity & troubleshooting
• In-depth experience with virtual environments & systems backup/restore
• In-depth experience with current MS Windows server/desktop operating systems
• Active Directory management/support
• Experience with remote & mobile device support & connectivity
• Experience with Enterprise & web-based applications
• Advanced troubleshooting / analytical skills
• Minimum 7 years in advanced IT systems administration & management
• 2 years' experience in the broadcast environment
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Management / Leadership skills
• Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with constant deadlines
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, positive attitude, team player
• Maintain Corporate Standards, Policies, and Procedures
• Scripting/Coding experience a plus
• May be required to be ''on-call'' outside of normal working hours
• BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Science or Information Technology or an equivalent combination of training and real-world work experience. ?
• MCSE, CCNA, VCP6-DCV or VCP6.5-DCv certifications preferred
• Military training will be considered with equivalent experience
To learn more about Des Moines, click HERE.
About Hearst Television
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.