Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
Full Time Job
WGAL TV, the Hearst Television NBC Affiliate in Lancaster, PA, has an opening for a production Audio Operator. The audio operator is required to operate a large Wheatstone audio console during fast paced live television programs, for the production of recorded studio programs, and for various commercial and promotional elements. This person will also be cross trained in other areas of operations including camera, teleprompter, and master control. This is an in-person position that does not involve any remote work.
• Operate audio console for live and recorded television programs.
• Assist in production of commercial and promotional material .
• Work varying shifts including evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Prior exposure to television station operations and newscast production a plus. Equivalent military training and experience accepted.
• Computer literacy is mandatory.
• Punctuality, adherence to standards and attention to detail are imperative.
• Operational knowledge and experience with master control activities and functions .
• Knowledge of television audio and video systems will be a plus.
• Ability to learn specialized software applications .
• Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
• Mobility and the ability to lift fifty pounds.
• College graduates with a communications degree preferred
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS)
• Technical school, completion of college level technical courses or equivalent military training a plus.