Audio / Camera Operator
Hearst TelevisionLouisville, KY
This was removed by the employer on 7/13/2020 5:03:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Audio / Camera Operator jobs in Louisville-KY
Search all Audio / Camera Operator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Audio / Camera Operator? WLKY-TV has an opening for an Audio/Studio Camera Operator who is a self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player with strong interpersonal skills that works well under pressure. Ideal candidate will have working knowledge of broadcast production operations.
• Responsible for operation of audio console, being responsible for all aspects of sound during fast paced newscasts and other projects as needed.
• Interact with directors, producers and talent & must remain focused at all times.
• Will also operate television studio cameras, at times, in a live production setting.
• Operate studio lights, change bulbs, clean studio sets, and floor direct talent.
• Operate Windows-based computer software.
• Punctual attendance for shifts.
• Work weekends and holidays as necessary, in support of our 24/7 broadcast operations.
• Experience operating professional video cameras in live production.
• Experience with audio in a live environment.
• Experience using Windows-based computer software.
• Equivalent military experience will be considered.
• Knowledge of robotic camera operation and Wheatstone audio consoles is highly desirable.
• Ability to rapidly respond properly to issues that unexpectedly arise on air is necessary.
• Knowledge of studio lighting.
• Ability to climb ladders up to 15 feet and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
• Can work flexible hours and shifts including holidays and weekends.
• Must be an effective communicator and team-worker, able to work cooperatively with others, sometimes in stressful situations.
• Ability to follow instructions quickly and accurately, with attention to detail.
• Ability to work from a standing position for a 2-3 hour period.
• College graduates with a communications degree preferred
• Technical school or completion of college level technical courses a plus.
• Military training and experience will be considered. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.