Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
Full Time Job
WGAL-TV, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA has an opening for a highly skilled, ambitious, hardworking Associate Producer to work in our newsroom. The qualified candidate will assist producers in all aspects of producing a newscast. This may include writing stories, creating graphics, researching information and using video. Associate Producers also assist in making phone calls to gather information about stories. In addition to writing for our broadcasts, our associate producers create content for our digital and social media sites. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational, writing and tape editing skills. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to get his or her foot in the door and get started in a career in journalism.
• Write copy for daily newscasts and edit videos.
• Call and set up stories that will air in newscasts.
• Answer viewer questions via phone, web, and social media.
• Administrator of the school and county weather closing system.
• Listen to police and fire scanners.
• Monitor emergency services web and social pages.
• Dispatch station crews on breaking news.
• Write, edit and create stories for digital and social platforms.
• Familiarity with social media.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability to work on deadlines.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Bachelor's Degree required with an emphasis in communications or journalism or equivalent military training from Defense
School (DINFOS) preferred.