Assistant Program Director
Hearst TelevisionBaltimore, MD
This was removed by the employer on 12/8/2022 9:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Assistant Program Director jobs in Baltimore-MD
Search all Assistant Program Director postings
Full Time Job
WBAL NewsRadio 1090 & FM 101.5 has an immediate opportunity for you to step into a key leadership role at one of America's leading news and talk stations. We are seeking an Assistant Program Director to work in concert with our Director of Programming/News Director to oversee our day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate is creative, energetic and able to adeptly handle the demands of a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment.
• Manage staff of producers responsible for 24/7 station operations.
• Work with hosts on the production of shows while following programming guidelines.
• Serve as liaison and manage network coverage for Orioles, Ravens and Navy football networks.
• Collaborate with engineering on best practices for studio and remote operations.
• Assist with scheduling hosts and producers.
• Ensure all FCC rules and Hearst guidelines are followed.
• Experience in radio programming and management preferred.
• Familiarity with broadcast software, including Wide Orbit Automation & Production, ENCO and Adobe Audition preferred.
• Prior work with production of sports broadcasts helpful.
• Familiarity with FCC and EAS regulations is critical.
• Reliable and flexible
• Excellent communication skills and ability to disseminate information to management and staff.
• Familiar with Nielsen PPM best practices or possessing an aptitude to learn.
• Able to excel in a fast-paced team environment.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.