Assistant Newscast Director
Hearst TelevisionWestbrook, ME
Full Time Job
WMTW/WPXT has an opening for an Assistant Newscast Director. The Assistant Newscast Director is responsible for running audio for newscasts, editing syndicated promotions, and all aspects of news production as assigned. You will work closely with the directors to execute the best newscasts possible as well as developing the skills needed to direct a newscast.
• Audio Operations
• Directing taped productions
• Assist directors in performance of their duties
• In-person attendance is required
• Extensive knowledge of production equipment
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• The position requires shift flexibility. Shift may include early mornings and weekend duties.
• Prefer two years television experience preferred
• The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn to direct newscasts in a fast-paced environment
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.