Assistant News Director
Hearst TelevisionNew Orleans, LA
Full Time Job
WDSU is searching for an aggressive, creative and experienced news leader. The ideal candidate will have excellent news judgment, strong management skills and an aggressive approach to breaking news coverage--on the air and online. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, skilled communicator who leads our team in the execution of market-leading breaking news, weather coverage and community service on all platforms daily. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
• Work with the News Director to oversee the day-to-day operation and editorial content of the newsroom
• Plan big event coverage
• Execute the brand, both on air and online
• Schedule talent
• In-person attendance is required
• 2 years of newsroom supervisory and/or management experience
• Strong producing background preferred
• Individual must have a passion for news and communication skills to manage a large staff and multiple hours of daily newscasts.
• Strong communication and people skills.
• Creativity is a must
• Bachelor's Degree or related military training in Broadcast Communications, Journalism, or related field.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.