Assistant News Director
Hearst TelevisionWinter Park, FL
Full Time Job
WESH 2 News in Orlando is looking for an Assistant News Director. The WESH 2 AND CW-18 runs daily coverage in one of the nation's busiest and best breaking news markets. To be successful you've got to be smart and aggressive with an equal eye toward breaking news and hard news enterprise stories.The WESH 2 AND CW-18 is responsible for ensuring we live up to our Local.Live.LateBreaking brand each and every day. You will also oversee our Investigative Team, focusing on content that the other stations don't have – on broadcast and digital.
Excellent communication skills are required to manage and motivate a staff of 90 that ranges in experience from a few years to 40 years on the job. If you are battle tested in breaking news, a problem solver and an effective coach, this is your dream job.
Previous news management experience is required.
• Work with the News Director to oversee the day-to-day operation and editorial content of the newsroom
• Plan big event coverage
• Execute the brand, both on air and online
• Schedule talent
• 2 years of newsroom supervisory and/or management experience
• Strong producing background preferred
• Military training and experience will be considered
• Individual must have a passion for news and communication skills to manage a large staff and multiple hours of daily newscasts.
• Strong communication and people skills.
• Creativity is a must
• Bachelor's Degree or related military training in Broadcast Communications, Journalism, or related field.