Assistant Chief Engineer
Hearst TelevisionSavannah, GA
This was removed by the employer on 8/30/2023 11:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Assistant Chief Engineer jobs in Savannah-GA
Search all Assistant Chief Engineer postings
Full Time Job
Assistant Chief Engineer
WJCL has an opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer. The ideal candidate demonstrates the ability to organize, plan, manage, document and execute assignments within a demanding live broadcast environment. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, maintaining regulatory compliance, and assuring quality control of on-air product. This position involves supervisory roles.
• Directly manage and oversee broadcast /IT engineers, which includes Master Control operators, and other technical staff.
• Effectively manage and motivate the department personnel to attain maximum focus to ensure smooth and efficient operations to produce the highest level of quality to the viewer.
• Deploy and train personnel in new and existing equipment/technology/procedures including the station's broadcast automation system, live newscast production, and digital workflows.
• Exhibit a good working knowledge of television maintenance and IT systems, as well as FCC requirements and licensing.
• Document and maintain engineering and operational policies and procedures.
• Ability to adapt to multiple priorities and follow through until successful resolution.
• Requires excellent judgment and ability to effectively handle complex issues under pressure or during emergency situations.
• In-person attendance is required
• 5 years of experience in Television Broadcast Operations/Maintenance preferred.
• Related technical experience will be considered.
• Computer literacy is mandatory.
• Attention to detail is imperative.
• SBE certification a plus.
• Lifting 50 pounds, climbing ladders and other physical activity associated with equipment installation.
• Must have a current driver's license.
• Ability to learn specialized software applications.
• Related experience and/or training considered, as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.