Assistant Chief Engineer
Hearst TelevisionKansas City, MO
This was removed by the employer on 9/1/2022 10:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Assistant Chief Engineer jobs in Kansas City-MO
Search all Assistant Chief Engineer postings
Full Time Job
KMBC/KCWE, the Hearst owned ABC/CW affiliates in Kansas City, has an opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to organize, plan, manage, document, and execute assignments within a demanding live broadcast environment. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast program streams. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, maintaining regulatory compliance, and assuring quality control of on-air product. Responsibilities include oversight of studio and field equipment and the supervision and motivation of the technical staff. The ideal candidate must excel in motivating and working with a high-energy team and should demonstrate success in budgeting, capital planning and personnel management. This position reports directly to the Director of Engineering.
• Assist the Director of Engineering with the supervision of the daily operation of the station.
• Deploy and train personnel in new and existing equipment/technology/procedures including the station's broadcast automation systems, live newscast production, and digital workflows.
• Maintain transmitters, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution, encoders, and routing systems.
• Exhibit a good working knowledge of television maintenance and IT systems, as well as FCC requirements and licensing.
• Ability to adapt to multiple priorities and follow through until successful resolution.
• Requires excellent judgment and ability to effectively handle complex issues under pressure or during emergency situations.
• Document and maintain engineering and operational policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD).
• In-person attendance is required.
• 5 years of experience in studio, SNG and ENG broadcast operations
• Strong RF background
• Previous leadership and management experience
• Budgeting and Capital planning
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
• Computer literacy is mandatory.
• FCC General Class License a plus.
• College Degree
• SBE certifications are preferred.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.