Assistant Chief Engineer
Hearst TelevisionSouth Burlington, VT
Full Time Job
WPTZ-TV, the NBC affiliate in the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market, has an opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to organize, plan, manage, document and execute assignments within a demanding live broadcast environment. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, maintaining regulatory compliance, and assuring quality control of on air product. This position involves supervisory roles.
What you get in return is the chance to become part of HEARST Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country. You'll also have the opportunity to live and work in one of the most scenic parts of the Northeast.
• Directly manage and oversee broadcast operations engineers, which include Master Control Operators, and other technical staff.
• Effectively manage and motivate the department personnel to attain maximum focus to ensure smooth and efficient operations to produce the highest level of quality to the viewer.
• Deploy and train personnel in new and existing equipment/technology/procedures including the station's broadcast automation system, live newscast production, and digital workflows.
• Exhibit a good working knowledge of television maintenance and IT systems, as well as FCC requirements and licensing.
• Document and maintain engineering and operational policies and procedures.
• Ability to adapt to multiple priorities and follow through until successful resolution.
• Requires excellent judgment and ability to effectively handle complex issues under pressure or during emergency situations.
• 5 years of experience in Television Broadcast Operations/Maintenance
• 3 years of managerial or supervisory experience
• Computer literacy is mandatory.
• Attention to details is imperative.
• SBE certification a plus.
• Lifting 50 pounds, climbing ladders and other physical activity associated with equipment installation.
• Must have a current driver's license.
• Operational knowledge and experience with functions.
• Knowledge of VizRT graphics a plus.
• Ability to learn specialized software applications.
• Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
• College Degree or related military training
• SBE certifications are preferred