Assistant Chief Engineer
Hearst TelevisionSavannah, GA
Full Time Job
WJCL-TV has an opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to organize, plan, manage, document and execute assignments within a demanding live broadcast environment. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, maintaining regulatory compliance, and assuring quality control of on air product. This position involves supervisory roles.
• Directly manage and oversee broadcast operations engineers, which include Master Control Operators, and other technical staff.
• Effectively manage and motivate the department personnel to attain maximum focus to ensure smooth and efficient operations to produce the highest level of quality to the viewer.
• Deploy and train personnel in new and existing equipment/technology/procedures including the station's broadcast automation system, live newscast production, and digital workflows.
• Exhibit a good working knowledge of television maintenance and IT systems, as well as FCC requirements and licensing.
• Document and maintain engineering and operational policies and procedures.
• Ability to adapt to multiple priorities and follow through until successful resolution.
• Requires excellent judgment and ability to effectively handle complex issues under pressure or during emergency situations.
• 5 years of experience in Television Broadcast Operations/Maintenance
• 3 years of managerial or supervisory experience.
• Computer literacy is mandatory.
• Attention to details is imperative.
• SBE certification a plus
50 pounds, climbing ladders and other physical activity associated with equipment installation.
• Must have a current driver's license.
• Operational knowledge and experience with functions
• Knowledge of VizRT graphics a plus
• Ability to learn specialized software applications
• Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
• College Degree or related military training
• SBE certifications are preferred.