Hearst TelevisionPalm Beach Gardens, FL
This was removed by the employer on 5/22/2023 8:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Assignment Editor jobs in Palm Beach Gardens-FL
Search all Assignment Editor postings
Full Time Job
WPBF 25 has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to be part of a winning team in a fast-paced newsroom. We are seeking an Assignment Editor who has a take-charge attitude when it comes to breaking news, can find distinctive enterprise stories, and helps oversee news coverage that sets us apart both on-air and on all of our digital & social media platforms. In-person attendance is required.
• Listen to multiple police scanners which cover more than a dozen agencies throughout our market-must have great ''scanner ears''.
• Gather and organize press releases, emails, phone calls and viewer tips. Take initiative and decide which of the above will yield compelling content for newscasts.
• Furnish content and post it to all digital platforms-including but not limited to sending push alerts, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram posts
• Assist news management with content gathering and planning.
• Assist producers, digital editors and reporters with story gathering.
• Keep track of crews in the field and maintain communication with them.
• Must have advanced knowledge of digital platforms, especially social media.
• Successful candidate will be required to monitor multiple social media accounts in order to gather content and communicate with news makers.
• Either have a working knowledge of FTP or an ability to learn how to FTP video to other stations.
• Familiar with local newsgathering technology and terminology.
• Must be highly organized.
• Have the ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to foster and maintain professional working relationships with newsmakers.
• Have the ability to gather information from multiple sources simultaneously and quickly push it out to anchors, reporters, producers and digital editors.
• Must have a sense of urgency and be able to thrive in a high-pressure breaking news and weather environment.
• Be able to remain calm and level-headed during breaking news situations.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Willing to work a variety of shifts including weekends and nights.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered