Hearst TelevisionPalm Beach Gardens, FL
This was removed by the employer on 11/2/2021 7:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Assignment Editor jobs in Palm Beach Gardens-FL
Search all Assignment Editor postings
Part Time Job
WPBF 25 News, the Hearst Owned ABC affiliate in the West Palm Beach market, has an immediate opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are seeking a part-time Assignment Editor with the ability to capture the essence of what's happening in the field, and then bring it vividly to our viewers on television, digital and social media. The successful candidate will have a take charge attitude when it comes to breaking news. We are looking for a smart assignment editor who finds distinctive enterprise stories and oversees news coverage that sets us apart. We want a newsroom leader who takes the lead on breaking news and can write, edit and publish on our station's website, mobile and social media pages.
• Listen to police scanners which cover agencies throughout our market
• Gather and organize press releases, emails, phone calls and viewer tips. Take initiative and decide which of the above will yield compelling content for newscasts.
• Furnish content and post it to all digital platforms-including but not limited to sending push alerts, Twitter and Facebook posts.
• Assist news management with content gathering and planning.
• Assist producers and reporters with story gathering.
• Keep track of crews in the field and maintain communication with them.
• Must have advanced knowledge of digital platforms, especially social media. Successful candidate will be required to monitor multiple social media accounts to gather content and communicate with news makers.
• Either have a working knowledge of FTP or an ability to learn how to FTP video to other stations.
• Familiar with local news gathering technology and terminology.
• Must be highly organized.
• Have the ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to foster and maintain professional working relationships with newsmakers.
• Have the ability to gather information from multiple sources simultaneously and quickly push it out to anchors, reporters and producers.
• Must have a sense of urgency and be able to thrive in a high-pressure breaking news and weather environment.
• Be able to remain calm and level-headed during breaking news situations.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends, and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field
• Military training and experience in related field will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.