Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
Part Time Job
Part-Time Assignment Editor
WGAL-TV, Hearst Television's NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA is looking for a Part-time Assignment Editor who can gather content, distribute it to the newsroom and create content for digital platforms. We want a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day.
• Listen to multiple police scanners for breaking news situations.
• Keep track of crews in the field and maintain communication with them.
• Gather and organize press releases, emails, phone calls and viewer tips.
• Write/edit and publish breaking news, daily news and other content for the station's website, mobile and social media pages.
• Ensure content is posted quickly and accurately across all digital platforms.
• Excellent AP writing skills.
• Knowledge of digital platforms, especially social media. Successful candidate will be required to monitor multiple social media accounts in order to gather content and communicate with news makers.
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing preferred.
• Must be highly organized.
• Must have a sense of urgency during breaking news.
• Be able to remain calm and level-headed in a high pressure breaking news and weather environment.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Willing to work a variety of shifts including weekends and nights.
• College degree in broadcast journalism or related field preferred.
• Military training and experience in related field will be considered.