Anchor / Reporter
Hearst TelevisionSouth Burlington, VT
Full Time Job
WPTZ/WNNE, a Hearst Television Inc., NBC affiliate in the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market is looking for a weekend morning anchor/multimedia journalist who will bring composure and personality to our anchor desk, and who has the ability to generate story ideas, write to video and do compelling liveshots. Our anchors are leaders in our newsroom, guiding and mentoring less experienced journalists in our organization.
What you get in return is the chance to become part of HEARST Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country. You'll also get to work with a talented group of journalists who go the extra mile for each other and the opportunity to live in one of the most scenic parts of the country.
• Anchor one or more newscasts
• Be available for breaking news coverage as needed
• Perform public appearances, when needed, to further the image of the station.
• Provide content for our television and digital platforms.
• 1-2 years' experience, with significant reporting/anchoring responsibilities
• Knowledge of New York/New England a plus
• Works quickly and efficiently
• Good personality. Must connect with viewers
• Must enjoy being part of a team.
• Ability to develop contacts and generate stories.
• Ability to shoot and edit high quality video
• Strong storytelling and live skills
• Excellent writing and editing abilities
• Solid news judgment
• Ability to mentor and guide less experienced journalists in a calm and reassuring fashion
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.