Hearst TelevisionDes Moines, IA
This was removed by the employer on 7/27/2021 5:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Anchor Reporter jobs in Des Moines-IA
Search all Anchor Reporter postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Anchor Reporter?
Full Time Job
KCCI 8 News, Iowa's News Leader, is looking for an Anchor/Reporter who loves to tell stories but is ready to take the next step toward anchoring. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality, we're looking for an anchor who wants to lead our coverage of big stories. Our next anchor/reporter will enterprise exclusives, tell compelling stories and execute energetic live shots. Our weekend anchors are newsroom leaders who help guide editorial discussions and mentor producers and reporters. Our anchors write and edit scripts with conversational communication in mind. We are looking for a versatile self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under deadline, can develop sources and has excellent live reporting skills. You'll have the opportunity to interview presidential candidates while building a life in one of the country's most livable cities. Des Moines was ranked No. 7 in Best Places to Live in 2020-21 by U.S. News & World Report.
• Delivers scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
• Works with and guides reporters and producers in newscast production
• Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on day-of news or special project assignments
• Works with or without a photographer to gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound
• Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
• Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
• Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day
• Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Appears on behalf of the station at public events
• Past anchor experience expected
• Past reporting experience required
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover news stories
• Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work
• Television journalist with ability to connect with viewers, in addition to strong reporting skills
• Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
• Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
• Has a valid driver's license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record
• Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
• Military training and experience will be considered