Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
Full Time Job
Do you want to join a premier multimedia company? When you start a career with Hearst Television, not only will you work amongst passionate professionals who take pride in what they do, but you will be a part of a progressive culture where your talents will be valued.
WGAL TV, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate in Lancaster/Harrisburg, PA, is seeking a Media Sales Account Executive responsible for selling multi-faceted advertising campaigns to local businesses and advertising agencies. This is a great opportunity to join the fast-paced media business with a highly respected TV station and begin a career with Hearst Television. The ideal candidate thrives in a goal-oriented team environment and has strong, multi-dimensional communication skills. If you are motivated by a highly-impactful, excellent product, great compensation, and working with a talented team of professionals, look no further. We will provide the tools for powerful multi-platform marketing solutions that will create partnerships to retain and grow our existing and new client base – you provide sales ability, positive attitude, client focus, and desire to succeed.
• Develop custom, effective marketing solutions to serve the needs of a diverse group of clients
• Generate new business revenue across all platforms
• Prospect, contact and present to new businesses to generate new advertising revenue
• Understand, negotiate and secure appropriate value for all products
• Professionally represent the station in strategic business and market partnerships
• Manage all elements of active account campaign execution
• Regularly meet with local and digital sales managers to ensure progression and success with stated goals
• Create and deliver sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel
• Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment with attention to detail and accuracy
• Accountability within a goal-structured organization
• Initiative with a results-oriented attitude while able to collaborate and support team efforts
• Proficiency in basic math skills and comfort with numbers
• Must be able to use qualitative research effectively to further sales effort
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Kantar, Marshall Marketing and other industry software a plus.
• 2-3 Years Relevant Experience Preferred in Marketing/Sales/Media
• Military Training/Experience will be considered
• Experience in a consultative, customer-focused, professional sales environment preferred