Hearst TelevisionPalm Beach Gardens, FL
Full Time Job
WPBF 25, Hearst Television's Affiliate in West Palm Beach, FL is hiring an Account Executive. The Account Executive is responsible for selling advertising to local businesses and ad agencies and negotiating ratings and rates with ad agencies. This position will be responsible for developing new TV and Digital Revenue. The ideal candidate is coachable, thrives in a goal-oriented team environment and has strong interpersonal skills. If you are motivated by an excellent product, great compensation, and working with a talented team of professionals, look no further. We will provide the tools for powerful multi-platform marketing solutions that will create partnerships to retain and grow our existing and new client base – you provide sales ability, positive attitude, client focus, and desire to WIN! If you want to work for the best, we want to hear from you today!
• Generate revenue across all available platforms
• Prospect, contact and present to new businesses to generate new advertising revenue
• Manage inventory and protect station rate structure.
• Develop new revenue through local business development
• Form strategic business and market partnerships
• Manage an active account and client list
• Regularly meet with local and digital sales managers to ensure progression and success with stated goals.
• Act as negotiator for assigned accounts; ensure sales proposals are consistent with station strategies.
• Create and deliver sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel.
• Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment
• Accountability within a goal-structured organization
• Needs a positive, results-oriented attitude and must be a team player
• Proven track record of successfully selling to business owners and CEO's
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Kantar and One Domain/WO Media Office a plus.
• Must be able to use qualitative research effectively to further sales effort
• Strong formal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience in web/mobile sales and in the cultivation and development of new business/ non-traditional business.
• Experience in TV/Radio sales
• Solid negotiation skills
• Experience in a consultative customer focused business atmosphere
• Related military experience will be considered