Talent Development Manager
Hearst NewspapersSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Talent Development Manager
Are you self-motivated and results-oriented, and want to join an outstanding team of HR professionals to develop our Talent Development initiatives?
The Newspaper Division of Hearst is looking for a Talent Development Manager to design and deliver world-class development programs to our employees. Reporting to the SVP of HR for Hearst Newspapers, the Talent Development Manager will partner with our newspaper HR Leads in the design and development, facilitation and coordination of our Management and Leadership Development Programs.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate and creative when it comes to programming and delivering talent development programs. This is a both a strategic and hands-on role allowing you to think big but also not be afraid to ''roll up your sleeves.''
What will you do?
• Design, develop and evaluate structured learning journeys for our employee's career path:
• Newsroom – Reporter to Editor
• Advertising – Inside Sales, Account Executive, Digital Sales Strategies, Manager
• Other Departments – programs to elevate our individual contributors into management and leadership roles
• Design and develop Hearst Newspaper's Management Development Program for high potential employees
• Design and develop Leadership Training Programs that include business and D&I programs to enhance leadership capabilities
• Collaborate with HR and business leaders to facilitate needs assessments for our talent development programs
• Research, select and manage vendors/partner as appropriate
• Facilitate and conduct learning sessions in an open, friendly and professional environment in order to maximize participant engagement and learning
• Manage program requirements and logistics
• Stay current on talent development trends
What will it take to be successful?
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Master's degree and/or Certification a plus.
• In-depth knowledge and work experience in Talent Development with 5 years of experience. Experience as an HR Generalist/HR Business Partner a plus.
• A demonstrated track record of building collaborative relationships and lasting business partnerships across all levels of the organization. Builds effective networks and alliances.
• Ability to align talent development activities to the business by prioritizing activities and balancing short-term decisions to achieve strategic long-term goals.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, driving action-oriented results.
• Retains the ability to translate strategic opportunities into specific action plans.
• Proven track record as a learning and development leader with a strong ability to evaluate individual and organizational development needs and program effectiveness.
• The ability to serve multiple customers and manage a wide variety of tasks.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• The ideal candidate will have drive, resilience, genuineness, openness & self-awareness.