Summer Intern - Visuals
Hearst NewspapersSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Visuals Intern: The San Francisco Chronicle is looking for a talented, energetic photojournalist to join our team for the summer. This paid 12 week internship typically goes from June to August but there is some flexibility to accommodate school schedules.
& Duties: Will be assigned to cover a variety of news, features, sports assignments and visual essays. Intern is responsible for taking photographs, capturing video, initial editing, writing captions and some reporting.
What do you need to be successful?
• A strong online portfolio featuring still photography and video.
• Preferred experience includes campus publication or previous internship, stringer, freelancer or part-timer at a professional newspaper.
• Ability to work effectively under deadline pressure.
• Experience transmitting photos and videos remotely.
• Excellent photographic skills, keen attention to detail and news judgment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees in the workplace.
• Must have a current driver's license.
• An ability to write accurate, concise, typo-free captions on deadline.
• A cover letter and résumé with references are required with all applications.
• This position will be scheduled 40 hours per week.
• Weekend, evening and holiday work may be required.
About us: The San Francisco Chronicle delivers the Bay Area's best journalism and is recognized as the best large newspaper website in California. It is the Bay Area's authoritative online news source, focused on San Francisco but inclusive of all California and Western news that reflects the unique Bay Area experience. We publish the stories that hit close to home for our readers every day.