Strategic Sales Director
Hearst NewspapersAlbany, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/30/2020 7:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Strategic Sales Director jobs in Albany-NY
Search all Strategic Sales Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Strategic Sales Director? Strategic Sales Director
Make your mark at one of the largest media organizations in the U.S.
The Times Union, a division of HEARST, is looking for a dynamic and innovative senior strategic sales leader.
What you'll do:
• Coach and mentor a team of five sales executives on the strategic account development process
• Develop compelling and winning creative marketing initiatives and strategic campaigns with a multi-channel, audience-based approach
• Identify top category opportunities and align resources against the priorities
• Establish monthly and quarterly strategies that produce revenue goal achievement
• Effectively forecast revenue; monitor and analyze performance indicators
• Assist with complex sales negotiations, attend sales presentations and assist in closing complex deals
• Work with a digital/marketing agency on major accounts to foster partnerships and grow market revenue share within specific categories
• Partner with the HEARST Newspapers Training & Talent Development organization to ensure teams are equipped with the product, system and selling skills to be successful
• Partner with sales development and marketing departments to produce lead- and revenue-generating programs and create high-performing sales collateral
Who you are:
• You're the consummate media salesperson who knows how to present and close complex deals. You've navigated complex organizations to access key decision makers.
• You're never static; you anticipate and react quickly to trends and challenges.
• You know how make the best to use of audience and demographic data.
• You hate to lose.
• Your thought processes include digital, social, direct mail, video, and print channels. You know when looking at ads and marketing materials that they'd be more effective if…
• You're a team player who likes collaborating with others in the same field.
• You're a coach who knows how to attract top sales talent and gets the most satisfaction out of watching them succeed.
• You have 7-10 years' experience in a media sales leadership role plus 5 years as a salesperson.
• Your idea of a fun night includes looking for sales opportunities at social events.
Who we are:
The Times Union is an award-winning media company in Upstate New York. Located three or so hours from NYC, Boston and Montreal, we have access to everything from mountain biking to jazz concerts, gorgeous landscapes to hot pot restaurants. We offer competitive salaries and an expansive benefits package. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.