Strategic Account Executive
Hearst NewspapersSan Antonio, TX
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Strategic Account Executive jobs in San Antonio-TX
Search all Strategic Account Executive postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Strategic Account Executive? Strategic Account Executive
The basic function of this position is to maximize advertising sales potential in assigned markets to mid-level Major accounts through the development and maintenance of quality business relationships and promotion of new/existing advertising products. The incumbent is also responsible for responding to customer service issues and working cooperatively with the advertising services department and other departments to ensure the accurate and timely placement of advertising orders and billing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet or exceed monthly sales goals, anticipating any challenges, and working with the advertising manager to determine strategies to overcome possible shortfalls.
• Work with existing or new customers by phone and in person to determine their advertising needs, matching needs with appropriate advertising format, products, and pricing structure.
• Generate new leads by making cold calls, calling on inactive accounts, and maintaining an awareness of new businesses opening in the area.
• Prepare and conduct presentations to new and prospective customers, conveying market research, competition, product and pricing, and any other pertinent information to help customers make informed decisions.
• Conduct relations between The San Antonio Express News and customers according to established protocol, maintaining integrity in all aspects of the business relationship.
• Calculate and communicate pricing information and contracts with customers, allowing enough time for them to make informed decisions.
• Provide advertising manager and other involved personnel with timely updates on sales activity, client feedback on products and services, and other relevant information.
• Recommend new products and sales promotions to advertising manager.
• Contact all customers who recently stopped advertising to ascertain reason why and to rectify situation if possible.
• Educate customers about the features and benefits of new sales products/promotions.
• Adhere to established advertising deadlines.
• Respond to all customer concerns in a timely manner.
• Arrive at scheduled appointments on time.
• Attend weekly sales meetings as required.
• Attend community and professional events as necessary.
• Perform other duties as requested by advertising manager.
• Accurately complete all sections of required insertion order form prior to submission.
• Document pertinent information related to ongoing advertising contracts, ensuring adherence to terms outlined in the contract.
• Review history and ensure customer has paid previous balances prior to accepting new ad orders.
• Approve proposed account adjustments with advertising manager prior to issuing a credit memo to accounting.
, Training and Skills Required:
• College degree required.
• Minimum of 1-2 years previous outside sales experience required, with specific print/media sales experience highly desirable. Must be computer literate.
• Possess high degree of business and personal integrity.
• Organized, efficient and able to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work cooperatively with coworkers and managers.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
• Good math skills and the ability to compute advertising price quotes.
• Good verbal and written communication skills, including spelling, punctuation and grammar.