Strategic Account Executive
Hearst NewspapersHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 12/15/2020 6:25:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Strategic Account Executive jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Strategic Account Executive postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Strategic Account Executive? Strategic Account Executive - Texas Inc
The basic function of this position is to maximize advertising sales potential in assigned markets to mid-level Major accounts through the development and maintenance of quality business relationships and promotion of new/existing advertising products. The incumbent is also responsible for responding to customer service issues and working cooperatively with the advertising services department and other departments to ensure the accurate and timely placement of advertising orders and billing.
• Meet or exceed monthly total revenue and digital only sales goals, anticipating any challenges, and working with their advertising manager to determine strategies to overcome possible shortfalls.
• Ensure sales priorities are aligned to meet aggressive revenue goals, adjusting as required by changing conditions, customer insights and/or emerging opportunities against a multi-million-dollar business model.
• Generate new leads by conducting research on who spends $250,000 per year in their designated vertical(s), making cold calls, calling on inactive accounts, and maintaining an awareness of new businesses coming to the area.
• Develop a deep understanding of specific verticals and individual businesses by conducting in-depth pre-call research, business and competition observation, and quality Business Impact Assessments (BIA's) to appropriately act as an internal and external conduit between customer and internal experts.
• Provide customer insights to help marketing develop collateral, plan and implement demand generation campaigns, conduct market research/competitive analysis and product enhancements across content delivery platforms (e.g., print and online).
• Prepare and conduct presentations to new and prospective customers, conveying market research, competition, solutions, product and pricing, and any other pertinent information to help customers make informed decisions.
• Provide advertising manager and other involved personnel with timely updates on sales activity, client feedback on products and services, and other relevant information.
• Recommend new products and sales promotions to advertising manager.
• Contact all customers who recently stopped advertising to ascertain reason why and to rectify situation if possible.
• Educate customers about the features and benefits of new sales products/promotions.
• Adhere to established advertising deadlines.
• Respond to all customer concerns in a timely manner.
• Arrive at scheduled appointments on time.
• Attend weekly sales meetings as required.
• Attend community and professional events as necessary.
• Calculate and communicate pricing information and contracts with customers, allowing enough time for them to make informed decisions.
• Accurately complete all sections of required insertion order form prior to submission.
• Document pertinent information related to ongoing advertising contracts, ensuring adherence to terms outlined in the contract.
• Review history and ensure customer has paid previous balances prior to accepting new ad orders.
• Approve proposed account adjustments with advertising manager prior to issuing a credit memo to accounting.
• Perform other duties as requested by advertising manager.
• Exceptional sales skills; opening, closing and renewing big business.
• Cross-channel digital acumen.
• Understanding how digital media impacts consumer journey.
• Leverage SalesForce to manage sales performance and analyze revenue forecasting
• Demonstrated creativity and the ability to conceptualize and design sales solutions that deliver results for advertisers
• Possess high degree of business and personal integrity.
• Organized, efficient and able to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills with collaborative mind-set geared toward organizational solutions
• Exceptional communication skills with positive, can-do attitude
• Strong team player; comfortable working cross functionally
• Good math skills and the ability to compute advertising price quotes.
• Great verbal and written communication skills, including spelling, punctuation and grammar. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.