Hearst NewspapersSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/4/2021 2:14:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Staff Photographer jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Staff Photographer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Staff Photographer? Staff Photographer, San Francisco Chronicle
The San Francisco Chronicle newsroom has an immediate opening for a talented, energetic photojournalist to work in a fast-paced newsroom on the biggest stories in Northern California. The ideal candidate will be a highly creative, insightful, visual storyteller with a strong eye for both still photography and video. We're seeking a self-starter with high standards who can collaborate well, has excellent communication skills, and is comfortable providing and taking feedback.
What you will do:
• Cover a variety of breaking news, features, sports assignments
• Pitch and execute photo essays and videos.
What it will take to be successful:
• A strong online portfolio featuring still photography, long-term documentary stories and video.
• Preferred experience includes a staff job or substantial internships at news organizations.
• Ability to work effectively under deadline pressure.
• Experience transmitting photos and videos remotely.
• Excellent photographic skills, keen attention to detail and news judgment. • Understanding of social media to effectively promote work and the work of colleagues. • Abundance of ideas and enthusiasm.
• Adherence to journalistic ethics.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of employees in the workplace.
• Sense of urgency and the ambition to win the 24/7 news cycle.
• Ability to write accurate, concise, typo-free captions on deadline.
• This position will be scheduled 40 hours per week.
• Must have a current driver's license.
• Some weekend, evening and holiday work will be required.
• Bachelor's degree in photography, video or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
About The San Francisco Chronicle and SFChronicle.com:
The San Francisco Chronicle is world-class journalism. With name-brand voices and a keen editorial eye, The Chronicle is an authority that still surprises. The Chronicle, one of the largest news organizations in the West, has been named California's best large newsroom for four of the past five years.
SFChronicle.com delivers the Bay Area's best journalism. It is the Bay Area's authoritative online news source, focused on San Francisco but inclusive of all California and Western news that reflects the unique Bay Area experience. The staff won ONA Online Journalism Awards for General Excellence in 2020 and for Breaking News coverage in 2019 and 2020.
Join our team of world-class journalists. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.