Social Media Strategist
Hearst NewspapersSan Antonio, TX
Full Time Job
''We must be alarmingly enterprising and startlingly original. We must be honest and fearless. And we must spark a revolution.''
- William Randolph Hearst, 1887
As the voice of South Texas since 1865 providing news and information to over 1 million people, the San Antonio Express-News, part of Hearst Communications, is excited to announce our continued growth in the San Antonio market and we are seeking social media strategists just like you!
Social Media Strategists communicate the web site's brand identity, grow audience and generate inbound traffic through the management of newsletters and social media channels. Understand the strategy and purpose for distinct social media platforms. Be an advocate for growing social media participation among the editorial group. We are striving for individuals that are highly motivated and possess the ability to focus and re-focus on a constantly changing target.
• Optimize social media platform use for audience engagement and increased reach of content.
• Encourage active community participation across platforms.
• Curate and grow email newsletter communities.
• Understand metrics unique to each platform and report on user behavior.
• Keep abreast of trends and policy changes in social media.
• Post across various social media channels and grow audience for each.
• Understand and find content interesting to readers on different social channels.
• Experience creating and editing digital media.
• Understand patterns in user behavior and proactively adjust content strategy.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
• Photoshop and basic HTML experience.
• High level of creativity and ability to think outside the box.
• Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
• Excellent communication skills, including grammar and spelling.
• Experience with Facebook Ad Manager, SproutSocial, Hootsuite Canva, Buzzsumo.
• Bachelor's degree (preferred)
Hearst DMS (Digital Marketing Services) is a 700-person team focused on expanding Hearst Newspapers digital advertising operation into the local business community. We are sales people, marketers, artists, optimizers, technologists, product managers, and more, who share a common ambition – to better local businesses and ourselves through hard work and passion for the products we deliver as a team.
Careers That Grow
We are proud to offer a workplace that propels your career forward. We know the importance of attracting and retaining great talent so we strive to continually nurture the growth of our employees. Here you'll have opportunities to learn from the best and the brightest, explore your professional interests, and take part in specialized training sessions that take your skills to the next level.
Culture That Rewards
A good culture is hard to find. The best are organic with some support and direction from leadership. Our support comes in the form of six ingredients we look for in new hires and instill in our existing team. We think big. We work hard. We have fun. We value ideas. We speak up. We deliver results.
Benefits That Support
We offer some world-class benefits to all our employees. Things like medical, dental, and vision coverage. Short and long-term disability. Life insurance. 401k retirement planning. Paid vacations, holidays, and excused absences that are flexible around your schedule. Our benefits package is one more reason why many of our team members have been with us for decades.