Social Media Editor
Hearst NewspapersSan Antonio, TX
Full Time Job
Job Description: We're looking for an ambitious, versatile journalist with expert social media skills to join the Express-News digital team. Digital storytelling proficiency and technical acumen are of the utmost importance in this role. The Social Media Editor will have experience on a newsroom social media team, growing engagement and driving traffic to a website. We need a self-starter with high standards who can collaborate well, has excellent communication skills and is comfortable providing and taking feedback. The successful candidate will become a thought leader in the Express-News newsroom and touch thousands of readers each day.
• This position is full-time.
• Weekend and evening work may be required as news warrants.
• At least 3 years newsroom experience required.
• Bachelor's or master's degree in journalism preferred.
• Exceptional social media skills.
• Command of digital metrics.
• Own strategy for the Express-News social media channels.
• Create and schedule posts for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media channels while helping to hone the Express-News voice.
• Use data insights to build off-platform audience and maintain relationships with third-party platforms.
• Work with digital producers, editors and writers on innovative packages and new ways of storytelling.
• Train first as an online producer to understand the digital program and content strategy.
Our mission: The Express-News is the third-largest daily paper in Texas, delivering quality journalism to one of the country's fastest growing cities.