Social Media Editor, Week&
Hearst NewspapersNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Social Media Editor, Week&
Hearst Newspapers is looking for an enthusiastic Social Media Editor / Audience Development Manager to help build an ambitious new brand called Week&, (weekand.com)
Week& aims to help people make the most of their free time. You will develop and execute a social media growth strategy, adapting editorial content for daily posts and tracking metrics in order to build a loyal following. You will work closely with the Editorial Director to bring Week& to life on social. This is a new role, working on a highly visible project designed to change Lifestyle content for Hearst Newspapers. You will work closely and cross-functionally with other teams across Hearst Newspapers. The ideal candidate will have 5–7 years of experience within a news or lifestyle media brand and a firm grasp on the social media landscape: You keep up on new trends and technologies, know how to build a following through storytelling, and are comfortable working with both written content and video. You are also committed to editorial excellence, and you can juggle and manage multiple workstreams. This position reports to the Editorial Director.
About the Role
The candidate chosen for the role will continue to develop and execute a social strategy for the Week&. You will create a social media calendar, collaborate with editorial on ideation and execution, and work to build a new brand on and off-platform including increasing social follows and engagement.
What you will do
• Develop and execute a social media growth strategy across all platforms, based on data and industry insights.
• Create and maintain a cross-platform and platform-specific editorial calendar for all brand social media content.
• Adapt site editorial content for social media audiences in order to drive traffic, engagement, and growth.
• Execute day-to-day posting on Week& social platforms, including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest
• Write compelling, social-friendly, error-free copy for all social content that reflects our brand voice, core values, social media best practices, and visual identity.
• Collaborate with team of content creators to give publishing/content feedback on social video assets.
• Help track, analyze, and report quantitative metrics and performance insights, competitive analysis, and qualitative learnings to brand stakeholders.
• Communicate with our social community moderators to manage the community by moderating sensitive discussions and engaging followers daily through comments and DMs across platforms.
• Excellent judgment
• Passionate about social media, growing an audience, and storytelling.
• Experience working for a brand, ideally at a media/publishing company.
• Great attitude, flexible, and willing to taking risks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Versed in photo-editing software (Photoshop is ideal, Canva is also great, but others are fine)
• Comfortable with numbers/data/analytics
• Proficient (and fast) at editing vertical video.
• Familiarity with influencers in our key lifestyle content pillars
• Experience with social media during breaking news moments
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience
In accordance with applicable law, Hearst is required to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role if hired in New York City. The reasonable estimate, if hired in New York, is $70k-$80k. Please note this information is specific to those hired in New York. If this role is open to candidates outside of New York, the salary range would be aligned to that specific location. A final decision on the successful candidate's starting salary will be based on a number of permissible, non-discriminatory factors, including but not limited to skills and experience, training, certifications, and education.
About Hearst Newspapers:
With 2,500 employees across the nation, HNP represents a network of 24 daily and 52 weekly publications, including the San Francisco Chronicle, Houston Chronicle, San Antonio Express-News and Albany Times Union, several top digital-only news and lifestyle sites, marketing services businesses, and entertainment businesses such as King Features Syndicate.
At HNP, we are investing in new and innovative ways to tell stories – growing newsrooms, diversifying tools, evolving platforms – to support the millions of people who trust us each month to help them make decisions, take action and be inspired.
Be a part of something bigger – Your Headline Awaits.