Social Media Coordinator
Hearst NewspapersHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 9/16/2022 3:15:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Media Coordinator jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Social Media Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
Social Media Coordinator
We're looking for a creative and driven social media coordinator to join our growing advertising operations social media team at Hearst Newspapers. You'll be primarily focused on fulfilling content requests (often referred to as ''sponsored'' or ''co-branded'' posts) from our advertisers on 6 publisher social profiles. Other key job responsibilities will include supporting paid and organic strategists with their current agency clients. This is a great role for fine-tuning both organic and paid social media skill sets, all while working with nationally recognized media brands and clients!
What You'll Do
• Own advertiser's content request fulfillment process from start to finish. You will ensure that the advertising client has provided the necessary assets for post creation, write/edit the copy for the social post, modify links/visuals as needed, get editorial and client approval on the post, and publish the post on the publisher's social profile.
• This process also includes managing the boosting budget for these sponsored content. This includes building the target audience, properly pacing the budget spend, and being able to share reporting on results if requested.
• You will also support the rest of the social media team with the agency clients. Requests include copywriting, organizing client content assets, and setting up paid social media audiences/campaign structures.
• You may also manage several publisher's promotional-focused social media profiles. This means reviewing and responding to comments and ensuring daily content (through manual posting or automated feed implementation).
What You Need
• 1-3 years of proven experience in creating and executing social media content and proven paid campaign experience from start to end.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, advertising, or related field
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively work with editorial teams
• Experience with creating posts on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Twitter and other social channels are a huge plus!
• Experience using Facebook Ads Manager and other paid social media tools
• Ability to perform light design work (typically in Canva)
• Self-starter and quick to execute, brainstorm, and communicate with clients and sellers
• Content marketing and SEO writing experience is a plus!
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Newspapers requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Newspapers will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.