Social Creative Strategist
Hearst NewspapersSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Social Creative Strategist
The Social Creative Strategist will be responsible for the execution of ad campaigns and navigating the world of creative for optimal performance. Leveraging Paid Social and creative best practices, this role will play a pivotal role in improving both the volume and efficiency of our user acquisition and retention efforts. The right candidate has significant experience and expertise with Facebook advertising and creative design (Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit, YouTube, etc.) and familiarity with 3rd party management solutions. Experience working in a fast-paced agency setting is preferred. This position can be located in any of our major newspaper markets: Norwalk, CT, New York City, Houston, San Antonio or San Francisco.
What will you do?
• Plan, build and execute direct response and brand ad buys across social platforms with a primary focus on Facebook
• Determine areas of opportunity and execute on tests and campaigns designed to drive customer acquisition, engagement and retention.
• Develop and execute A/B testing programs to improve campaign performance through optimization of bids, device, audience segments, geo and demo targets, creative, etc.
• Develop paid acquisition plans and provide regular reporting on progress towards key milestones and risks
• Work cross-functionally with product, UX, and the rest of the marketing organization
• Use measurement, tracking, and management platforms to produce analytical insights and manage day-to-day Paid Social operations
• Provide thought leadership to help identify new opportunities and other emerging advertising platforms
• Work with Business Intelligence/Analytics teams on Paid Social dashboard development and KPIs monitoring
• Provide support for additional marketing channels as needed for promotional and seasonal campaigns
• Strategize with sales teams for effective launches to customer campaigns
• Work directly with clients on reporting, troubleshooting, and optimizing campaigns across multiple networks.
• Presenting to stakeholders around new innovations and campaign statuses.
• Performing market research regarding customer demographics
• Meeting with clients to discuss their goals for an upcoming marketing campaign and strategizing on creative development with the clients in house team or within the social team
• Helping alleviate workflow for creative on paid and organic campaigns
What will it take to be successful?
• 2-3 years in social media marketing with a focus on paid social campaigns.
• 5 years in a creative agency or creative services
• Experience with ad copywriting, content creation, creative ads, Facebook ad manager, Instagram ads, A/B testing, and proficiency with google docs.
• Bachelor's degree required preferably in Marketing of Communications
• Strong analytical skills with competency in speaking to metrics across multiple reporting systems.
• Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
• Ability to receive constructive criticism and learn from feedback
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work across multiple teams and clients with ease.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Newspapers requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Newspapers will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical, including pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Hearst is a leading global, diversified media, information and services company with more than 360 businesses. Hearst Newspapers is the operating group responsible for Hearst's newspapers, local digital marketing services businesses and directories. With more than 3,000 employees across the nation, Hearst Newspapers publishes 24 dailies and 52 weeklies.
At Hearst, it is our mission to be the most trusted, most respected and most accurate source of news and information in the communities that we serve. We place our readers' interests above all others, and dedicate ourselves to the principles of truthfulness, fairness and independence. We understand that the free flow of accurate information is vital to our system of government and the foundations of our economy.