Senior Product Manager
Hearst NewspapersNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Senior Product Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Product Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Product Manager? Senior Product Manager, Subscription Growth
Be part of a dynamic sales team where you will have the opportunity to apply your consumer marketing expertise to building our base of customers
Support local news! Hearst Newspaper Group is looking for a Senior Product Manager (Subscription Growth) to add jet fuel to its digital subscription business, driving KPIs that ladder up to acquisition, conversion, and retention across the portfolio of Hearst newspapers. The successful candidate will have experience with subscription products, from hammering the funnel, to user experience improvements, to price testing, to more strategic thinking about eCommerce features and flow. They will thrive on collaboration across teams and timezones, understanding that success will not come from operating in a vacuum. An analytical mind is a must, but so is that creative spark; the right candidate will leverage data to validate ideas, but not simply wait for the data to dictate the next move. Huge bonus points for love of local news, its role as the cornerstone of our democracy, and the ways community engagement can improve journalism.
As the Senior Product Manager, Subscription Growth you'll be working collaboratively with marketing, operations, product and technical stakeholders at Hearst newspapers to develop and deploy a sophisticated product roadmap for eCommerce and improving the subscription funnel.
What will you do?
• Proactively look for, prioritize, and execute improvements to the web/mobile experiences, including apps and SMS, focusing like a laser on growth KPIs.
• Create strategy and subsequent test plans for promotional offers and renewal pricing to increase both acquisition as well as retention
• Continually improve and modernize the eCommerce funnel and subscription management experience
• Actively listen, and collaborate with marketing professionals, local journalists, and NYC team members to identify and vet opportunities.
• Create and maintain roadmaps/backlogs, with views to be shared throughout the organization at all levels.
• Create product development artifacts (docs, decks, user stories) and evolve them through cross-team collaboration.
• Understand and evangelize the ''what'' and the ''why'' of everything we do around eCommerce.
• Build business cases for initiatives and prioritization, taking into account ROI, LOE, strategic value, and opportunity cost.
• Translate technical challenges to non-technical colleagues, and vice-versa, encouraging critical thinking all around with transparency and understanding.
• Lead the audience roadmap and priorities for subscription tools, such as CASPER, Realm and Ion, collaborating with both central marketing team and local markets
• Execute on new offers and subscription plans, when necessary
What will it take to be successful?
• 3-6 years of professional experience, at least 2 with subscription products
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Experience with analytics tools (e.g. Looker, Business Objects, etc) and comfort with pulling your own numbers.
• Experience with A/B (or multivariate) testing tools, and setting up/running tests.
• Experience working in an agile environment and using Jira preferred, but not required.
• Experience with eCommerce platforms and onsite messaging, such as Blueconic, preferred