Senior Electronic Maintenance Technician
Hearst NewspapersFremont, CA
Full Time Job
1. Diagnose and troubleshoot Manroland Colorman Press electrical systems and faults.
2. Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems on all electrical and electronic systems in the pressroom such as Pecom System & Network, Colorman System & Network, UNIT Level: All functions, calibrations and adjustments, RTP Level: All functions, calibrations and adjustments, Drive System, Ancillary equipment.
3. Diagnose and troubleshoot and resolve communications problems between all electronic, optical, and electric components of the bulk handling system and interrelated systems within the packaging & distribution departments such as palletizer system, inserter, stackers, counter system.
4. Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair plant electrical and mechanical systems.
5. Check status of all equipment at the beginning and end of shift.
6. Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve problems.
7. Assists other production areas and members as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Experience, Skills, Licenses, Certification, Education Required:
1. Must have demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in AC/ DC electronics
2. Highly motivated individual to work under pressure to meet daily production deadlines
3. High School diploma or equivalent
4. Practice and adhere to all department and industry safety regulations and practices, lock out- tag out procedures.
5. Computer skills; Microsoft Word and Excel & Data entry into Access database.
6. Able to work independently with little supervision.
7. Forklift Certified.
8. Able to use electric jacks.
Able to work rotating shifts, weekends and holidays, and mandatory overtime if needed.